Think of Arisia as a party for several thousand of your closest friends, some of whom you haven't yet met.
Things to do before the convention:
- Buy a Membership
- Sign up for the email newsletter
- Submit a copy of your COVID vaccination card
- Get a Hotel Room (if you don't want to commute)
- Read the Directions and Parking info
- Look at the Schedule or Pocket Program PDF (available on our Publications page)
- Read about our Guests of Honor (GOH)
- Read the Arisia fan community's Arisia Survival Guide and Packing List
Things to bring:
- Snacks for the hotel room
- Comfortable shoes for walking
- Dancing shoes, if you want to dance
- Phone charger and cable (put your name on the charger, in case you forget it)
- Costumes, if you want to dress up
- Any medicine or medical equipment you need
- Cash for tips (bellman and house keeping)
(Don't forget to tip both the bellman who unloads your car and the bellman who brings your bags to your room.
- Tooth paste, tooth brush, and a cap to keep the bristle clean
- Ear plugs and eye shades (and binder clips for the curtains)
- N95 (or equivalent) masks
- COVID tests (test prior to, during, and after Arisia)
Things to do at con:
- Pick up your badge at Registration
- Get a "First Arisia" ribbon in the Team Arisia HQ
- Visit the Dealers Room and the Art Show
- Check out meals through the food options
- Check the main page throughout the con for live updates
- Read the Clear Ether newsletter each day for news and updates
- Visit open parties via the the party board, Clear Ether, or flyers throughout the hotel
Help make Arisia even more awesome!
Volunteering is a good way to meet folks and learn about how the convention works. If you spend at least six hours helping with load-in and setup, you can get a free membership to the convention. If you volunteer for at least 12 hours during the convention you can get a membership to next year's convention.
Volunteer as much or as little as you like at Team Arisia HQ in Paine (near the Gift Shop on the Lobby level).
Everyone eligible should get a flu shot. In order for it to be effective, you need to get it at least three weeks before con (for Arisia 2024, that's December 22, 2023, in case you were wondering).
Please make sure you're up-to-date with your COVID shots and booster(s).
Follow the "5-2-1 rule". In each 24 hours, get at least five hours of real sleep (not just napping with your head on a gaming table), eat two real meals, and take one shower or bath.